RPCV Nepal (2012-2014) currently interning in Lusaka, Zambia with the State Department for the summer

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

AMSTERDAM

So i've made it to Amsterdam! I'm crazy sleep deprived but overall my flights went really smoothly. I think I've slept 7 hours in the past 48, so excuse my spelling/grammatical errors. I got up in Seattle at 3:30 am for my 6am flight to Houston, and then I had a layover there before I left for Amsterdam. AND somehow I managed to have an entire middle row of 3 seats to myself on my 9.5 hr flight to Amsterdam. It was awesome because it was practically like a bed.
I'm currently in Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam, sitting in the Sheraton Hotel Cafe, because I can't check into my room yet. Its FINALLY hit me that tomorrow I'll be in Tanzania. It all of a sudden dawned on me when the plane was leaving Houston that I wasn't going to be back in the US until December, which is weird to think about! Right now I'm just so excited to meet up with most of my group tomorrow morning in Amsterdam. Then we have another 9 hour flight down to Tanzania, where we are picked up at Kilimanjaro airport to head to western Tanzania for a week of orientation activities.
Ok gotta go, my internet time is about to run out! I have no idea when I'll be able to post next, but I'm guessing it's going to be at least a week because our orientation involves a week of camping straightaway... :)
-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment