RPCV Nepal (2012-2014) currently interning in Lusaka, Zambia with the State Department for the summer

Thursday, September 6, 2012

last post from the US of A

this is going to be a quick entry because I have to get up in approximately 5 hours to fly off to Nepal! Meeting everyone here at staging in DC has been awesome. Aside from my long day of travel yesterday including a delayed flight and mid-air panic attack when i realized i forgot all my registration forms, DC has been great! The 20 of us in N-199 are all awesome...we come from all over the US with very diverse backgrounds. We spent the majority of today turning in forms, doing icebreakers and going through mock scenarios of things we might experience as PC volunteers. We got to meet the Peace Corps Director and a lot of senior staff as well as the Ambassador to the US from Nepal! It was great to see the support we have behind us and to realize that a lot of people are expecting lots of great things from our group!!! Kind of intimidating but also very motivating as well. After staging we were all starving so we got dinner as a group. I'm back in the hotel now and will try to sleep for a couple hours before getting up at 3:30 to go to the airport! I should have a phone set up within a week and will post my number on here when i can, but for now, send me mail at the following address:

Attn:  My Name
c/o US Peace Corps / Nepal
Post Office Box No. 15150
Kathmandu, Nepal

Thanks to everyone to who helped me in my preparations for nepal, especially my family and Paul...couldnt have done this without you guys as well as all the support from friends. I'll miss you all and will try to post soon! I should have internet the first 3 days we land!

No comments:

Post a Comment